Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 2 - "Her Husband has Full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value"



Proverb 31: 11-12

"Her Husband has Full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value"


Good Morning Ladies,

I really had to pray and meditate on this scripture.  Although I know that my husband loves me and believes I am a good wife, capable housekeeper, etc....there was something seriously lacking in his confidence in me over my ability to control our finances.

After MUCH inward reflection I had to stop blaming him for his feelings and look at What I was doing to cause him this stress.  To name a few.  I would not tell him about everything I purchased.  We would have some savings and then it would be gone.  He would go to the store, thinking there was money in the household account only to find his card rejected.  

WOW!  I was convinced that he had every right in this aspect to feel this way toward me.  So I decided to make some changes.

1.  I am going to report to him weekly the finances, bills paid, money spent on food, groceries, etc.
2.  I am going to SAVE so he can see that we do have a "cushion" and I can manage the money frugally.

Basically I need to SHOW him I am capable, not tell him everything is OKAY! 

This scripture says, that our husband has full confidence in us and "they" lack nothing of value.  I can guarantee that when you show your husband respect in this area.  He will have confidence in you.

My mother once told me that men are very simple to please.  They want a happy wife to come home to, good food, and sex.  I could add to that and say, they also need to know that we are capable to taking care of things while they are gone. 

Helen Adeline author of Fascinating Womanhood wrote about this and called it the Sweet Promise.  The sweet promise is an indication of Noble Character and thus is an aspect of the Proverbs 31 woman that must be discussed.  The Sweet Promise is that although men know that we are dependant on them and are fascinated by our frailty, they must also know that somewhere hidden within us is the ability to handle an emergency.  That in times of need we will have womanly courage.  That we are capable to taking care of the home, family, and their children if something were to happen to them.  (pg 346 in Fascinating Womanhood.)

For example, My husband travels all over the country on business.  I have to work harder on helping him to feel secure about my ability to manage the household in his absence.

Please visit this blog for a wonderful article on this very subject that I found via the Time Warp Wife..."31 days of Love"..Marriage Challenge which has been an amazing study.  Please check it out by clicking on the link below.


It is Written by Ms. Joy at the Grace Full Mama blog so click on the link below to get her full article.



This is so well said.  I am sure our husbands appreciate the home cooked food, and clean organized home, however, I believe they prefer a happy, contented wife to come home to more than anything.

I hope you have a lovely day and can think of helping your husband in different ways this week.


Kisses and Hugs,
Jenny















No comments:

Post a Comment