Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Welcome to my new Kitchen on Robey Ave. 


We moved during the last month and now I am a full time busy homemaker planning decorating projects to complete before the holidays.   Please join me at my breakfast table and browse around my site as I am now able to devote more time to the womanly arts of cooking, housekeeping, sewing, frugality, charity, simplicity, and the all in all keeping of the home. 
Be sure to visit all the sites I have featured as well for the most up to date ideas on 21st century homemaking.

Hi Happy Homemakers,

I am Home Sweet Home....for now at least.  If you have been reading you know that I was in an accident in August and subsequently was forced to drop out of grad school and quit my job. 

What an amazing thing God has done for me.  During those 6 weeks in bed a lot about my character was revealed and a new direction was shown to me.....that of a  full time homemaker.  I even tried to go back to work, against my Doctors advice, but my body is just not ready.  It is in need of rest and recuperation.  Once I finally surrendered to this idea a spiritual transformation began.

Being home means a lot of major change.  Less income but more time to plan, prepare, and be frugal.  Less ME time but more time to bring order to my home and the smell of home cooked meals again.

Somewhere along the way I lost sight of what I truly wanted, which was to be a happy homemaker....all the while working to bring in money and insurance, and I though furthering my education would allow me to expand my ability to make more money, perhaps work from home. 

God had a different plan for me and I can't say that I am sorry for it.  I am quite contented now, tending to the needs of my 6 children, my husband who has a very demanding job, my church family, and all of the other wonderful activities that come with being home.

Tomorrow I will learn to crochet.  I have bought a pattern to make a new apron and am planning to make a long skirt after that.  I have many plans on how to save us more and more money, and even bring money in by being busy at home

Thank you God for the accident.  You brought me through it and I have learned a valuable lesson.  I also have been given exactly what I want and need right now.


Kisses,
Jenny May

Don't forget to visit Jenny May's Kitchen for amazing meal ideas - picture by picture I will walk you through the easiest way to bring those wonderful aroma's into your happy home.





7 comments:

  1. So happy for your "accidental blessing"! ;) I am so excited for your new journey!

    www.acorkerslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mrs. H - it was an "accidental blessing". What a perfect example of making lemonade out of the lemons life hands us!

    I just discovered your blog a few days ago and may I say - I love it! Very inspirational for me as I am trying to get back into my home and the full-time homemaker role. Please keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear ladies, so nice to have your comments today. :) I will visit you both often. Please let me know Lady Rose, what advice i can give you to cut your hours or get you home full time.

    Mrs. H - I may have to use "The Accidental Blessing" on one of my blog posts if I may. Great way to put it!

    I have always been taught to look at the bright side and the older I get the easier it is to see that silver lining.

    Kisses and Hugs,
    jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you familiar with the scripture that reads "I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord." It looks like you are doing what he wants you to be doing. Best of luck on your recovery. Good luck crocheting! If I am blessed to stay home again I want to learn to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, I may just take you up on your offer! My hubby and I are working hard on our finances so I can hopefully go part-time (at least) by April. I can't wait to spend more quality time with my 2 munchkins.

    I also visited your other site and noticed you were a fan of Mirielle's books. How are you doing following her eating plan?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lady Rose,
    We are doing fantastic...it truly works. You have to eat more mindfully. Less at breakfast, a larger lunch, and a light dinner. If you are going out that night for dinner, you eat less during the day. It is all about balancing exercise with food. GOOD FOOD. My husband lost 50 lbs and I lost 10.

    It is worth getting her book via Amazon used. I would suggest "French woman don't get Fat" Although I have all of her books and they are all good.

    Is there any way at this point you can negotiate with your employer going to 30 hours?

    Also - you must show your husband that financially you will be ok buy calculating the expense it is for you working....including
    daycare
    work clothing
    panty hose
    lunches out
    driving - gas expence
    more dinner meals eaten out because you are not home to cook them.
    less time to plan meals and use coupons
    less time to make gifts, clothing and other things you have around the house.
    Maybe get rid of your cell phone, I did for 1 year after I had reduced my hours to 30 per week. It was a fair trade and I found that I didn't need the phone as much as I thought. OR reduce the plan and be dilligent about watching your minutes. There are so many things we can do without.
    PRAY!!!!

    I hope this helps

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the response. I have spoken with my employers and the lower hours are a "no go".

    I am fortunate that my husband is completely on board with me working part-time (or not at all!) - it's just being able to afford it. We are working now to pay off some debt to make it easier. I love your ideas and will add them to my plan.

    ReplyDelete