Thursday, August 2, 2012

I am an Apron Wearin', husband RESPECTIN'...21st Century Christian Wife





1 Corinthians 7:2 - But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. 

Regarding the Chickfila happenings here in Chicago.......

I am proud to be an apron wearin', husband Respectin' Christian Wife in the 21st Century!

.....I am not a bigot because I believe in the Christian value of marriage as the sacred bond between a man and a woman that signifies the holy union between Jesus and His church. I don't care what other's do in the privacy of their own home....call it a civil union with the same rights as marriage - leave it to the law makers....but don't call me hateful because I want marriage to remain sacred.

I have the right to peaceably support a cause I happen to believe in. No one is saying he or she hates anyone. 

You can do the same if you like to support a cause you believe in and I promise I won't judge you or call you a bigot, racist or any other horrible name that I have been called over the past 24 hours.

That being said.....I AM SO GLAD TO BE BACK TO BLOGGING!  

It has been a long hard road through the recovery process since Aug 18th of last year when I was hit by a car while riding my bike.  So many things changed.  I had to leave my 30 hour a week job to recover at home and have not been back to work outside the home since.  I have mixed feelings about this.  We do need me to be making more money, so I am interviewing when I get the opportunity.  

I am not sure what God's will is for me at this moment and I am committed to just be 
happy and grateful in this moment. 


Grateful Daughter of an Almighty God!


Jenny



Me a few weeks before the accident a year ago...at work.
20 pounds lighter
Me now...handmade house dress and apron...Learning to be happy with what ever God puts in my path.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog, Jenny! In looking over your posts, I think you might enjoy a brand new book I just finished reading called "The Wholehearted Wife: 10 Keys to a More Loving Relationship," by Erin, Greg and Gary Smalley. It is centered on changing ME and aligning myself with God and what he wants from me as a wife. Biblical, inspirational, affirming. One of my favorite quotes is, ""If you want to have a more loving relationship with your husband, remember that he's a gift from God, a treasured possession - just as you are. As a Wholehearted wife, seek to honor him each day by cherishing him and affirming his value. Treat him like a Stradivarius!" I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete