Monday, January 24, 2011

Victory over Clutter!

Good Morning!

I had the most productive weekend that I have had in a long long time.  It felt so good.

Please enjoy the before and after pictures....not only did I tackle the jobs I had wanted to on Friday...But oh My...I did so much more!

Bedroom Closet - Before...

AFTER!

Stack of papers...Gone...AND.....Notice...while cleaning...I realized that the sewing table would work much better under the window...so in about 15 minutes....presto chango....the room felt a little bit bigger just opening up this window to let more light in.  Sweet Romeo kept me company as I was able to get back to my Quilting project...soft spiritual music played in the background.  I am so lucky to have this little sanctuary of femininity!


The next project is one that has brought me so much joy!  By looking at the before pic it is hard to see where the problem is...just know that what you don't see on this cabinet is about 15 years of wear and tear.  Dusty, grimmy, etc...even though occassionally I would wipe it down...I realized that what it really needed was a coat of paint.  SO...
Before.....The Medicine Cabinet.....



AFTER...



 My Favorite Added touch!


Then....the hallway Linen Closet....this was a cake walk compared to the Medicine Cabinet..



Then Something AMAZING HAPPENED.....Somehow...tackling all these procrastinated projects with success created what I call....Cleaning Inertia....I finally had the energy to tackle my most dreaded project of all...the one that I didn't even share with you on Friday....

The Laundry Closet...

I don't even have before pics...but trust me when I say...it was a crowed, dark, sad little place, with mold growing on the corner behind the washer, rusty shelves, and just general...neglect....below are pictures of the process which included emptying that closet totally, spraying the shelves with white spray paint, painting the walls with a mildew resistant paint.  Organizing and cleaning every plastic container.....the results were astounding!  To me and my family anyway.....



AFTER!!  My back was aching, my shoulders were sore...but oh...this is a great feeling!


A place for Everything and Everything in it's Place!



Then...several other kitchen projects followed....Cabinets, drawers, ceiling fans....

Before...various kitchen drawers, I lined them with slip resistant plastic......


The Famous Kitchen Junk Drawer....not junk anymore!


Various storage bags, etc....


Kitchen Utensils....NOTE>>>I was not afraid to get rid of things I had not used over the past several years...


My Husband was really happy about his one...a place to store our potatoes and onions!


I cleared off the tops of the cabinets and added a plant that I grew from a cutting....I have another one growing in my office....I will pot it soon and add it to the other side of the kitchen window...I can't wait to see how pretty it will look as the green vines grow and drape over the white curtains!



Your basic silverware drawer.


Even the kitchen towel drawer deserves some fresh shelf paper!


Well....I am not all the way done but I am extremely satisfied with my accomplishments and I hope this motivates you to make little improvements around your home this week. 

FYI....my Projects for this weekend include.....
Painting the Laundry Closet Doors, clearing out the Tupperware cabinet, and the pantry cabinet, maybe painting some trim around the house to brighten it up a bit.  

I AM ON A ROLL DOLLS!

Cleaning Kisses,
JennyMay


10 comments:

  1. That looks great! Can you come over to my house now? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAAA LOL...- so many people have told me I should do this for a living.....but then I wouldn't enjoy it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. JennyMay, I'm so proud of you. Wow!!!

    I did the same thing this weekend. I was even able to fit a small desk in my closet for quiet time.

    Inspiration hit us this weekend. ;-) xox

    Much love,

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good, you did a great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why thank you Ms. Jasmine! It is fun to be creative with small spaces isn't it. I am inspired by you!! Ok...my next big project is something I have not done since 8th grade! I am going to sew myself a long skirt....I am having way to hard a time finding modest clothing...I can find many skirts and dresses on eBay...but they are not long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you gave me some great ideas!! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mrs Stam and Tami! Thanks for encouraging me today and I am so glad you got some ideas! That makes me super happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny May,

    Hello there! I'm a little short on time, so I haven't had the chance to read this blog post. I'll have to come back later and read it.

    I just wanted to thank you for visiting my blog the other day and leaving a comment. You seem to have a lovely homemaker-style blog here, so I am sure to come back. :)

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well thank you Lady Rose! You are sweet to stop by at all!

    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That's a lot to tackle in a weekend! You should feel very proud of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete