Monday, June 13, 2011

Creating a Place of Beauty


Hi Dolls,


I hope you are enjoying your summer so far.  I sure am!  Even though it took some time for us to get some sun....I was so grateful for this past Sunday.  We had evening church and the whole entire day we were able to devote to Spring Clean up in the yard.  Finally!  


We had a lot on our TO DO List...but we have a great team!

1. Around 8am Jeff started staining the back deck


2.  I started in on my Fun painting projects...1st...this old gliding porch swing that I was lucky enough to win on freecycle.com - (you may have this in your area)....It is a website that people in your area can post free things that they want to give away.  Or you can post that you want something.  It is a great way to save our landfills!  AND get free stuff.   I not only got this glider but....a wheel barrow, wine decanter, various women's clothing, jewelry, shoes, annuals - lily's, iris, peonies, other types of ground cover...all for FREE...PLUS 3 brand new baby blanks which I gifted to a couple young women in church who just had babies.  You have to try this.  Anyway, back to my painting projects....the first was the glider.  
After sanding, I spray painted with a cream outdoor paint and then used the Mediterranean blue that was left over from doing the living room.


BEFORE - what a mess...and look at that deck behind - that is Jeff's next project.


AFTER!  I love it!


  Then it was on too spray painting the white wrought iron furniture...and washing the cushions.



 Then, Planting....My daughter and I added more lily's, iris, peonies, petunias, impatients, and zinnias...I moved some other hostas and rose bushes around to make my garden a tranquil place for prayer and meditation.




By this time the kids were up and helping paint and plant and do other misc yard work to hard for us old folk.




See that big ugly fake rock....that is going to go!




It's all coming together...step by step...we are not completely done...and we will have to do more touch up painting and a little more planting and organizing but it is all coming together so nicely.   

I think it is so important to have a place of beauty to come home to.  

Beauty Inspires!




Kisses,
JennyMay

2 comments:

  1. My favorite part of Spring and Summer is fixing up and cleaning the deck and yard to enjoy! Looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! and I agree...it is so much fun! The smell of the grass and dirt and flowers....it is just so much of God's glory...I don't know what I like better...because a fresh snowfall on a crisp winter day is also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete