Saturday, June 4, 2011

Another Happy Cleaning Day Outfit!



Hi Happy Homemakers!

I woke up today to a beautiful Midwestern morning.  I just love the summer and the last thing I want to do is be in the house cleaning.  But alas...that is what is on my To Do list today.  Along with several other things like gardening, attending an OA meeting, and writing a paper for Ethics class.  So what do I do to motivate myself to get the job done?  What any decent 50's loving Happy Homemaker would do....  I put on a Happy Cleaning outfit. 

         First, you Simply must have a cute skirt that is long enough to be modest but also made of a light fabric so you
can move around and be comfortable. An apron is a must have if you ask me.  It is my favorite part of the outfit and makes me feel like a Domestic Goddess!  eBay has the best vintage aprons for cheap, or better yet.  Make your own.....  Wal-mart has super easy patterns for quick sewing projects.  


I like short sleeved tops in a pretty color and dark blue Keds.  I just feel like I can move around faster in the house with shoes on.





Now the house is clean it's time for a party!

  We are doing so much cleaning, organizing, and beautifying around the house, inside and out, in preparation for my daughter's 1st of many Engagement Parties.  This one is just to meet the families.  My future son-in-law is from Albania.  So I am planning on pulling out all the stops on my Mediterranean cooking.  My daughter is following in Mommas foot steps and cooked up a delicious meal for us as well.  Below is an example of what I would eat for dinner following a Mediterranean Diet.

5oz Pino Nior
Sardines in Olive Oil
Mixed Fresh Fruit
Havarti Cheese sliced on whole wheat crackers


I love my Husband...he is the best Grill Master in Town....Look at these amazing kabob's!


A Typical Saturday during the summer for us.  At least once a month we have friends and family over for a BBQ. 



These crazy men!  They are very happy to have all this good food.


Lizbeth cooking up a fabulous Italian meal.  She made a amazing honey vinegar sauce.  I will post the recipe later but it is a Giada recipe..


Future Happy Homemaker


Lizbeth always creates a beautiful and tasty dessert.  She has a sweat tooth like her mother.  I didn't have this because of my sugar addiction....but I did have something just as wonderful.  A cup of good coffee and Dark Chocolate square that completed my Mediterranean Meal perfectly.




Stay cool Dolls!  Take care of yourselves every day and love your family because Life is so Good! 

Do something beautiful everyday, even if it means dressing in a Happy Cleaning outfit to do some dirty work. 

Why?  Simply because....

Beauty Inspires!



Cleaning and Cooking Kisses,
JennyMay

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love family dinners~ I'm planning one next weekend when my Mom finally comes home from my sis's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! And, wow, the food looks delicious! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a lovely gathering with some seriously yummy food! Love it! And love the summer modesty. I live in Florida and well, you wouldn't believe what people wear in public just because it's hot. Sheesh! Cute blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun post, cute modest outfit too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You dolls are so adorable...I love that I have found a community of lovely ladies..who really care about modesty...and good old home values. Give me hope for America! Thanks for you kind comments.

    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute, Jenny May :)
    Your table looks beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete