Hi Happy Homemakers,
Today I must admit to a bit of role confusion.....thus the post on reason's to STAY HOME.....I know it does seem contradictory to have a post on staying at home when I typically write about how to work and be a Happy Homemaker at the same time but recently I have been doing some reading that has me thinking a bit differently.
Featured today is a well written post on one of my favorite blogs about reason's for staying at home, please click on the link below to be redirected to the Home Living Blog.
will add some of my own reasons as well, most of which I read in Fascinating Womanhood and have found to be true.
Long lost is the important roll of the Woman in the home. Frugality, Femininity, and the ability to run a home within a budget seem to have become a long lost form of art. I am not saying for one minute that girls should not be taught a trade, or go to college, by no means. They surely must learn a trade and be able to provide income to the home like the Proverbs 31 woman who was quite the business woman.
However, now-a-days, we work to provide EXTRA's that we simply don't need. If we were to be home we would be able to live on one income because we would...
1. Have more time to do the laundry and ironing instead of paying the cleaners
2. Sew clothing instead of buy it
3. Cook delicious meals instead of purchasing frozen or fast foods which are very expensive and not at all nutritious.
4. We would not have to purchase corporate clothing or other expensive work attire like pantie hose (that need replacing over and over). A stay at home mother's simple house dress is the most comfortable and inexpensive way to dress as a homemaker.
5. Make gifts for birthdays or Christmas instead of buy them.
6. Attend to our neighbors in a real way other than simply waving across the drive way or sending thank you notes.
7. NOT PAY FOR DAY CARE! (Teens need more care at times than the little ones...I have 5 teens at home and I know this to be true!)
Well, this is all I can think of now, but the other reason is that, in my opinion, for me and for other woman I have talked with, they are much happier working part time or not at all so they can focus on caring for their home, husbands, and family, as well as church and community.
To me, this is time well spent rather than a paycheck at a job that brings minimal satisfaction.
I hope you read this in the spirit it is intended. To each her own. I am no judge, however, for me...I think I may be at a cross roads of some kind of spiritual transformation. As confused as I am about my feelings, I am glad for them because I believe it is the Holy Spirit working inside of me...make small changes day after day.
It help to have amazing guidance from lovely ladies like...
Mrs. June Fuentes - http://www.http//awisewomanbuildsherhome.com/
Mrs. Lydia Sherman and Mrs. Jennie Chancey - http://www.ladiesagainstfeminism.com/
Miss Jen - http://blessedfemina.blogspot.com/
Mrs Darlene Schacht - http://time-warp-wife.blogspot.com/search/label/Marriage%20Challenge
Ms. Jasmine - http://www.aboverubies.net/ and the
Domestically Divine Homemaking Linkup...
Kisses and Hugs,