Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Proverbs 31 Life in the 21st Century


Hi,

I wanted to introduce you today to my new site "The 21st Century Christian Wife"  I have decided to devote research and study solely on the Proverbs 31 woman and how one could live this way in the 21st Century.

I have been blogging for a little over 2 years and in my "Quest" to find the balance between working and being a wife and mom I discovered something I did not expect to find.  In my Quest to do it all....I realized I could not do it all well and the people who I wanted to serve the most were the ones who suffered most, my husband and children.  Although I had disguised my drive for my own personal satisfaction through school and work and my drive for physical perfection with the excuse that I was doing it ALL to help the family.  God allowed something to happen to me to show me a different way.

On Aug 18th I was hit by a fast moving car while riding my bike home from work.  Now after almost 4 weeks at home in bed recovering I became so confused because I thought so deeply that I was doing exactly what God would want me to do.  I cried and prayed one evening for help and someone to talk to about my confusion.  The next day a trusted friend in Christ called me and shared very openly about her concerns with my pursuit for a masters degree.  She had noticed that I had missed a lot of mid week and church services and that my relationship with my husband was struggling as well.  If that wasn't bad enough I was made aware of a very concerning problem with my youngest daughter which will require a lot more of my attention.  No wonder God has me lying here in bed...AT HOME.....it has all come together.  I still plan on going back to working 30 hours a week, but school will have to be put on hold in order for me to begin to study with my daughters and focus on teaching them how to be modest and happy young women in Christ.

I am very grateful for the many different Christian Mom sites.  The Modest Mom posted about a class on Beautiful Girlhood and I jumped at the chance to be a part of the study.  I purchased the materials right away and am looking forward to having a special tea party with my daughters as we begin our new journey together.  Btwixt and Btween is all about helping your daughter to becoming a woman and although my daughters are already 15 and 21 I don't think it's too late to start.  Click on this link below to check out this site.

http://www.btwixtandbtweenblog.com/wordpress/

Kisses and Hugs,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment