Friday, September 16, 2011

A New Beginning - Beautiful Girlhood


Hi,

Today marks a special day for my daughter and I. It is the day we started our first bible study together. She is 15 but I told her to just pretend for a moment that she was 8. We went back to a time when she was a girl and she didn't have the burdens of the modern day teen.

I prepared her for this bible study the night before by presenting her with the book..."Beautiful Girlhood".

She grined at at me like I was crazy, but I just smiled back and told her to read the first chapter and we would have a talk together about it. She walked away as any teen daughter would do, acting like she was way to cool for this, but also I could see something different in her eyes. She knew this was going to be special, something special for just her and I. Although her teenage self wanted to act like it was "so" not cool. She felt special and I could see that in her smile.

I prayed today and last night to bless our time together and he did! We had tea and blueberry muffins together after school and talked about what she had read.  I gave her a spiral bound quiet time journal with a large rose on the front and back.  She smiled and said, "this is perfect!".  We are off to a great start.

I encourage you to take moments with your daughter to study God's word and teach her about the precious jewel that she is, I should have done this a long time ago but I know that God will bless my efforts now.

Chapter one is called ... "A Rose Opens". 
It was a beautiful way to start talking about entering into womanhood the right way.

http://www.pumpkinseedpress.net/product/beautiful-girlhood-series/The-Companion-Guide-to-Beautiful-Girlhood



You can order the book or follow along through this website link.



Kisses,
JennyMay




6 comments:

  1. Oh wonderful! I purchased these books a short while ago after hearing about them. I wasn't sure if I should start yet with my daughter--she is 9. What do you think? I haven't had a chance to read through it for myself yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Wonderful, YES I think she is the perfect age to start this type of study. Keep in touch!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll look into this book. My girl is a bit young at only 6 but it would be nice to be prepared for when she gets a bit older. I know God will bless your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I am sure 6 is a perfect time to start...that is when I started with my oldest daughter We would have tea parties together when she would get home from kindergarden. You are already doing such a great job showing her an example of feminine womanhood already!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely thing you're doing for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete