Sunday, February 6, 2011

How to Make a Quilt

Hi Homemakers,

This weather is perfect for indoor projects!  I have been working on a quilt for a baby girl that was born a year ago.  I have procrastinated this project because I have never taken on such an endeavor....BUT....I am all about becoming a more resourceful homemaker and sewing is at the top of my list.  I hope to finish this quilt, then make a skirt, and then a dress!

Below is a picture of my sewing "room"...last year I had the table between the two windows, but now it is under one of the windows and I have spent more time sewing because there is more light in the room. 

I bought the strips pre cut - length ways....but have had to match up patterns, sew the long strips together, cut into 4' squares, sew 4 squares together.....now these larger squares are complete...I just don't know what to do with them as I have no idea how to make a quilt...SO it's off to You Tube...or Google to get some ideas as to how to put together this blanket. 

It's going to be beautiful! 



Happy Sewing, Crafting, & Organizing

Kisses,
JennyMay

6 comments:

  1. I want to sew! Someday! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - it may be a few years honey...just kidding...I am determined to finish this before winters end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute Kitty! I have never gotten the hang of quilting, but I can sew. :D I just can't seem to ever get the pieces to line up exactly right. Good luck, I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is Romeo, he is just adorable...he is always with me, he is very curious....and thanks! I am also having trouble lining things up so I understand completely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see a new quilter. There are several quilting sites with tutorials which might be of help to you. Making something from lovely fabrics is so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my earliest sewing projects was a quilt, and let me tell you, sewing did NOT come easy to me! The best advice I can give is to stick with it no matter how disastrous the results may be at first! I had to throw away a few of the first things I ever made... keep working on it and I'm sure you'll do great! :)

    ReplyDelete