Monday, October 25, 2010

What's for Lunch? from "French Women for all Seasons!"

Hi Dolls,

Now doesn't that look inviting?

I am meal planning and following the menu from Mireille Gruiliano's - "French Women for all Seasons"...from her Fall menu...you simply must buy all her books...they are so smart, easy to read, and teach you about balance in life....balancing movement, food, drink, fun and work.

Tomorrow I am going to make something new! I am going to make her Cheese, Apple and Mushroom Salad....my adaptation anyway.

Use Crimini Mushrooms - chopped
1 Golden Delicious Apple - chopped
3 tablespoons lemon juice

Mix these three ingredients together.....then make the dressing

Dressing...

2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
2 tbsp dry mustard
1/4 cup walnuts - should be walnut oil but I don't have that so I will use walnuts and a bit of olive oil
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
Pinch of Curry
Salt and Pepper
Cheese - she recommends Jarlsberg but we can't afford that - so I am using Swiss
1 large head lettuce, I have Romaine.

Chopped lettuce and mix it all together...I will put into a large plastic container to take to work....she suggests eating this with a
7 grain roll
1 square of dark chocolate
noncaloric beverage...I like ice water or green tea.

REMEMBER - One way to help you to feel more satisfied, less stressed, and pampered is to use a placemat, nice napkins, silverware, real plates and glasses even if you are at work. This will make your lunch time so much more satisfying!

Pictures will be posted tomorrow of course!

Opppss - I almost forgot...if you wear flats or shoes that are easy to walk in you are more likely to be more active!




Kisses,
JennyMay

No comments:

Post a Comment